Messenger Technical Resources
Like any other development platform, it is important to have the right tools when developing for the Messenger Platform. Here is a short list of links to resources you may find useful as you get started.
The main official documentation on various technical resources and getting started guide can be found here:
New to the messenger platform? Here are some quick tips to get started quickly.
- You’ll need a Facebook Page and a Facebook App. You will then need to subscribe your page to your app, and set up your app’s webhook to point to your server’s public HTTPS URL. Here’s the tutorial. We recommend using one Page and one App for each individual developer.
- Messenger Platform documentation and sample bots with their source code
- Build a quick mockup with Botsociety
- Get started quickly on Node.js: messenger-node
- Expose your localhost server on a public HTTPS URL (useful for webhooks): ngrok
- Add webviews to your bot and get the current user’s context from a webview
- Need Natural Language Processing? Use Built-in NLP (wit.ai) or any other NLP engine you prefer.
- Add Analytics: https://github.com/facebookincubator/messenger-analytics-node
Live Sample bot with source code:
- The guide will walk you through installing the following open source code (https://github.com/fbsamples/original-coast-clothing).
- The experience that you will be deploying can be tested here: https://m.me/OriginalCoastClothing
Need inspiration? Check out these videos from Facebook Engineering and Product team
- https://developers.facebook.com/videos/messenger/ → It contains various technical and nontechnical resources on Messenger (new features, deep dives, etc.)
- How are businesses using Messenger successfully? https://www.facebook.com/business/success/categories/messenger
- Postman collection for most of messenger APIs : https://github.com/amuramoto/messenger-platform-postman-collection
Facebook Messenger gallery on Devpost
Join the Community
Find answers and ask questions on the developer forum
- Facebook Messenger gallery on Devpost