Messaging Contest Announcement
Important Note: All Contests in the 2020 Facebook Online Hackathon Series are governed by their Announcements provided on this website and by these terms and conditions
To register for the Messaging Hackathon Contest track, click on “register for this hackathon” on the contest page at www.fbmessaging1.devpost.com
Empower business conversations using Facebook Messenger by building innovative solutions for conversational commerce, customer service, workplace collaboration and more.
- February 10th - March 16th
- Deadline to submit is March 16th at 5:00 pm EST
- Option 1: Make your solution publicly available by completing the app review process. In order to make the solution live to all Facebook users, you will need to complete app review and demonstrate that your bot is working. Full guidelines can be found here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/messenger-platform/app-review/ The entire process may take approximately 1-2 weeks - hence if you plan on making your solution live to all Facebook users, then plan to submit your project at least 2 weeks before the submission deadline of March 16th so it can be ready to be judged.
- Option 2: Make your solution available for the judges. Since app review might take some time, for the purpose of this hackathon, you can put your app in dev mode and add a tester in your app settings. That way, judges have the opportunity to test your bot even when your app is in development mode. Please use test user account id: 499418056
- Required: Include a demo video.
Judging/Security Check/Winners Announcement
- Judging and Security Check will take place on March 17th - March 23rd
- Winners will be announced on or about March 24th
- 1st Place: $3,000 + Invitation to attend the 2020 F8 Developer Conference and Hackathon event (Hotel, Flight, F8 ticket with an ARV of $3,500 per person; up to 4 maximum invitations)
- 2nd Place: $2,500
- 3rd Place: $1,500
You may be disqualified from the Messaging Hackathon Contest and forfeit any prizes you may be eligible to receive if Facebook reasonably believes that you have not complied, or attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Messaging Hackathon Contest, in accordance with the 2020 Facebook Online Hackathon Series Terms.